Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crochet or not to crochet....

Etsy.... Oh Etsy.... What can I say about Etsy.... Etsy, you are good for my creative soul. You remind me to throw away that old box I keep my mind trapped in and reach out for more cleverness and all things vintage. If you have not fallen into the wonderful world of Etsy.com, I highly recommend it. It's good for the mind, body and soul. So much creativity and hard work poured out all over the screen.
So with the ooey gooey creativity oozing all over, I naturally found myself feeling a bit intimidated with a twinge of "keeping up with the Joneses" sprinkled on top. I have a hand full of newborn sessions booked in the next month or so, and Etsy has taught me that I cannot shoot another infant without placing a fantastically crocheted hat on the child's head. The only problem is that these fantastically crocheted hats come with a not so fantastic price and that is not up my alley at all. If my dear, sweet, southern mother were writing this she would say I have a case of "Champagne taste with a Coca~Cola budget".... And she would be right. So in the spirit of the new 2011 and new spending habits, I am going to tackle this one on my own. Wish me luck! I will now pull a rabbit out of my hat and crochet infant hats from trial and error~ Who has the time to learn how to properly read a pattern anyway???? Ready~Set~Crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment